Search This Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2017

15 October 2017 - General

The car has been starting like it should for some time now.  That neutral safety switch was the issue.

Recently I purchased a set of front bumper pieces.  They are the pieces that look like "teeth" on the front bumper of the Mercury Cougars.

They are in fair/good shape.  But there is a bit of rust on the inside of the pieces.  I have painted a rust converter/encapsulator on those areas.  Once that has dried/cured I will install the hardware.  I am in the process of finding installation hardware for those parts.

I was preparing the inside head liner area to paint.  There is surface rust but not bad for 50 years.  I had seriously considered using Rustoleum Rust Reformer spray can.  But I think I will instead go with a brush on coating.  Looking at Eastwoods to see what they have for that application.

I painted a coat of the Rust Reformer on the inside of the bumper pieces, says to wait 24 hours before repaint!?!?  So I will do so...

While I was cleaning up, I found a headlight bracket that needed attention.  At some point I started to work on it and it has become rusty.  Cleaned it up and painted it with Rust Reformer, so I'll see how that goes tomorrow.