Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2018

29 July 2018 - Headlight cover/grille mod

While browsing the web I found an interesting modification someone did to the grille of their 67' Cougar.  Here is an image of that car...
I contacted the individual and they provided their insights.  So I decided to do this mod to my car.  The process can be undone without damaging/destroying the grille, headlight cover.


Here is an image with a basic breakdown of the process...

I have "spare" driver side and passenger side headlight covers with headlight cover ornaments.  I have already removed the headlight cover ornaments from the headlight covers.  That is a PITA to carefully grind down the mounting tabs of the headlight cover ornaments.

I have cleaned up and painted the headlight cover hinges.  Tomorrow, weather permitting, I will topcoat the headlight cover hinges.  I have the mounting hardware that will mount the headlight cover ornaments to the headlight cover hinge.  The hardest part of all of this, to me, is removing the left and right radiator grilles so that these new mods can be installed.



Although the headlight cover ornament will only be fastened to the headlight cover hinge with three screws/fasteners, it is very secure.  To make sure nothing comes loose, I will be using threadlocker.  I




headlight cover hinges

Add caption




before the mod

before the mod


before the mod

pics of the headlight cover before removal

pics of the headlight cover before removal