Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

8 October 2019 - idle surge/highway speed surges

After driving the car a couple of days since changing the carb gasket to a thicker 1/4" gasket, noticed the engine surges, runs rough.  So I removed the 9266 gasket and re-installed the standard intake to carb gasket and the engine now runs as it should.  Closer inspection of the carb spacer shows that the spacer is not completely flat.  So installing the spacer initially was no problem, the carb seated and compressed the spacer-gasket.  Well after a few days of driving, the spacer-gasket distorts causing the leaks.  Only way I can fix that is to put a standard intake to carb gasket above and below the spacer-gasket to seal it.

I also swapped back the distributor advance spring, I removed one light silver spring and installed one heavy spring.  Once I get the carb spacer issue sorted, I will get back to recurving the distributor timing.