Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2016

29 July 2016 - Brakes

After talking with Darrell of WCCC about the power booster, it looks like I need to replace it.  So I will remove the old one today and put in an order for a replacement this weekend.  After this work I will only need to replace two remaining wheel cylinders and one flex hose up front and the flex hose on the rear axle.

I removed the power booster this evening.  The unit has a mounting plate with spacers and one of the spacers is spot welded to the booster and plate.  After doing a bit of research I found out that the booster is a knock off.  An OEM replacement would have a plate but would be removable.  So I cannot use the plate with the replacement booster.

I will pick up a replacement booster on saturday and check to see if that can be used with the booster mounting plate that WCCC has in stock.  If so I will order that Saturday and hopefully it will arrive by next week end.