Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2016

8 July 2016 - machine shop - remaining engine parts

On 7 July 2016 I received the parts from WCCC.  The fender bolt set, headlight bucket bolt set, fan shroud mounting kit and fan shroud were what was ordered.

I still need to order a few more parts from WCCC.  Water pump/timing cover bolt set, hood rubber trim at fire wall...

  

8 July 2016

I stopped by the machine shop today.  The machinist has finished working on the cylinder heads  as they are now ready to be installed.  He has also made progress with the engine block and engine components.  The engine rebuild kit has been ordered and received.  I brought the remaining external engine hardware to the machine shop so that the machinist can put the engine together once he has completed the necessary machine work.

I need to pick up 3-4 cans of engine paint and take those to the machine shop.  I might just paint the engine myself, save some money there.   The part number to use is duplicolor DE1601.


The fan shroud that I purchased for the radiator had to have extra hardware installed so that it fits without interference issues with the radiator and fan assembly.  I ended up using spacers and washers to get the shroud situated so that it does not cause problems with the radiator.  I will check this fitment again once the engine is installed.

This radiator mounts in the same location as the OEM radiator that was removed however the core is 1/4" thicker than stock.  Hopefully this does not mean that it will be too close to the water pump fan!!!

I had to add this hardware so that the fan shroud would fit this radiator.  I may end up replacing this hardware with stainless steel hardware and then paint it.