Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2016

23 Sept 2016 - Front Suspension/steering

The front suspension/steering components arrived yesterday.  I checked the parts and they are in good shape.  There are a number of scratches and marks on the upper and lower control arms(enough that I should probably do some paint touch up).  I guess thats how it is when you ship so many metal parts.  All of the parts were wrapped very well too.

I am still waiting on a few more components to arrive.  I ordered a lower control arm eccentric eliminator kit, sway bar mounts with bushings and a sway bar end link kit.

Even after those parts arrive, I will need to have both front drums turned, replace the bearings, seals and races for both front wheels.

I will also be cleaning up and painting the driver side spindle/hub assembly.

I will be rebuilding both from brake drums with rebuild kits.  All the springs, adjusters and hardware and wheel cylinders for both front drums will be replaced.

Comparison of new "lowered" springs vs. OEM