Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2016

24 Sept 2016 - front suspension

Didn't do much today except clean up the garage to make room around the car to begin front suspension work.


I did clean and paint the front sway bar.  Looks pretty good, but it really didn't look too bad to begin with even tho its 40+ years old.



I also cleaned up the inner shock tower area of the passenger side.  I painted it with a rust converter in areas that needed it then topcoated it with VHT chassis and roll bar black.
Looks like the frame area under shock tower needs to be cleaned and painted.

I painted over areas with the tar like undercoating.  I did remove some to see if there was rust, but there was none.


 
Looks like that bottom area did not get coated...I will redo that and take another pic.