Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

12 April 2017 - Holley tuning/baselining

I looked at the air horn on the carb and found this number; 1850-6.

I looked up the carb on the Holley website and below is a list of specs for the carb

I ordered a set of jets and an accelerator pump nozzle a few days ago and today it arrived.  I ordered the parts based on notes I had made about the carb.  Well I had several different notes on the carb and ordered parts based on the earlier notes.

I removed the accelerator pump nozzle and found that the size is 25 = 0.025".

The pump nozzle I ordered is 0.033". That is a significant change.  So I need to order several sizes.  I will order these two sizes, 0.028" and 0.031", and see how the engine runs and if that takes care of the off idle stumble.

Also I in the same purchase order above, I ordered a pair of 66 jets.  Turns out that 66 jets are installed.  So I will  be ordering a pair of 64 jets and 68 jets.


===========================================================================
Carb Specs
======================================================================

Primary Jets
Stock = 66

Installed = 66 

Secondary Metering Plate
Stock = 39 PLATE*

Installed = 39 PLATE*

Pump Discharge Nozzle
Stock = 0.031
Installed = .025

Power Valve
Stock = 65
Installed = 65
 

Secondary Diaghram Spring
Stock = plain
Installed = plain