Search This Blog

Saturday, June 3, 2017

3 June 2017 - Holly Carb throttle linkage

I picked up some parts to put together a throttle linkage for the holley carb.  The ford factory throttle linkage is working just fine, but the one I am making will allow for more flexibility, allowing me to install other carbs.  Also the custom linkage will allow more freedom of movement in the right places.

I am considering making the linkage using an aluminum rod.  It will be very light and hopefully strong enough for this application.

 I have cut a steel rod to the proper length and threaded one end(1/4-28) and installed a rod end.  It is alot heavier than I thought it would be and may be too heavy for this application.  I am going to finish the other end and install a rod end.  I do know the steel rod linkage will be more than adequate for this application.

So basically I will make an aluminum rod assembly and a steel rod assembly and see how I like the results.

===================

The throttle pedal linkage has a hole that is .4990".

The width of the throttle linkage is .38".

There is a rubber insert that fits into that hole.  The rubber grommet has a hole that is 3/16".

The rod that connects from the throttle pedal at the grommet is 3/16" diameter.  The other end of the rod connects to a 3/16" hole on the holley carb.


So the plan is to put a 1/2" diameter by  .4" insert in the throttle pedal hole.  Then use a 2" piece of 1/4" rod that will