Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

28 November 2017 - general stuff

Over the years I have collected a number of fasteners/bolts/nuts for the fenders and front grille assemblies.

I have been soaking that hardware in evapo-rust and or Krudd Kutter, so that the parts are rust free.


Currently I am in the process of seperating the hardware into storage bins.

I have a storage box that has alot of other bolts/fasteners/hardware that needs to be sorted/bagged
 
The plan is to store the hardware from the fenders and front grille assemblies into these bins.

I still need to remove the chrome grille from this headlight door

These chrome pieces are in fair shape.  The "chrome" coating is gone but the pieces themselves are in great shape.

This is a vacuum solenoid used on 67 cougars.  It works just fine, but will not be needed as I am removing all of the vacuum components to install an electric motor system.

These are the headlight harness removed from the front grille assemblies I recently purchased

These are some of the hardware from the passenger and driver side front grille assemblies I recently purchased