Search This Blog

Monday, November 6, 2017

6 November 2017 - rear bumper / rear valance panel installation

I re-installed the rear valance panel.  The sheet metal screws that are used to fasten the panel to the body were in bad shape after 50+ years.  Lowes had suitable replacements, Hillman part number 127008, #8 x 1/2".  11 screws are needed, so I bought two packages because there are only 10 pcs per package.  The screws are stainless steel.

So that panel installed without issues.  The passenger side reverse light needs to be properly installed. The two mounting screws for the light assembly need to be replaced.  So I am looking for replacement parts.

I decided to soak the mounting screws/nuts in oil until they loosened up.  I was then able to install the passenger side reverse light.

The rear bumper needs to be installed and then the rear fender extensions.