Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2018

10 June 2018 - Edelbrock Valve Covers - Cont'd

I installed the driver side valve cover.  It replaced a Moroso chrome valve cover that I installed in 2002/2003.  The hex bolts I used are 3/4" long, 1/4"-20 threads.  Lowes carries that size, so I bought enough for both valve covers.  The middle top fastener for the valve cover is apparently a long( ~3") bolt that passes through the inside of the valve cover(there is a channel for it).  After installation I run tested and so far no leaks.
 
Right now only the driver side edelbrock valve cover is installed.  Hoping to get the passenger side installed this week.

Old Moroso cover, its still very functional..

Installation hardware for the Edelbrock covers






Right now only the driver side edelbrock valve cover is installed.  Hoping to get the passenger side installed this week