Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

24 Feb 2019 - headlight relay kit

I spent yesterday and today installing the headlight relay kit I ordered from WCCC.  The kit does not require cutting or modifying the original wiring harness in any way.  So installation is pretty straight forward.  The hardest part is deciding where to mount the relay packs and the circuit breaker for the kit.

I mounted the circuit breaker close to the battery so that I would have a short power lead.  I had to do bit of trial fitting of the relay packs and power wiring until I got things where I wanted them.  After deciding on the location I started working on the power wiring and circuit breaker locations.

Once I finished the preliminary installation, I tested the kit.  The passenger side low beam bulb did not light, otherwise the high and low beams worked.  So I replaced the passenger and driver side low beam bulbs at the same time and to make sure I had a matching set.  The replacement low beam bulb is an H5006 part.

After replacing both bulbs, I did a quick check on the headlight bulb alignments and so far it looks good, need to test it at night.

passenger side relay pack and wiring connected.  I used RTV to mount the relay pack to the radiator support, it wasn't meant to be permanent, but it might end up that way

passenger side wiring
driver side relay pack and wiring connected, except for the power wiring




circuit breaker location

close up of circuit breaker
passenger side relay pack installed and power wiring connected.  The 10 gauge black w/red strip is the power wire.  It will be wrapped in protective tubing and will be mounted more securely
driver side relay pack installed and power wiring connected.
This is the bulb that is the low beam and is now installed on both sides