Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2019

11 May 2019 - Weather stripping - driver side door area - passenger side door area

Still working on the weather stripping on both doors.  Today I installed the upper door area weather stripping and used weatherstripping adhesive.  As I finished installing/gluing the weather stripping I closed the quarter windows and door windows and made sure the weather stripping was properly seated.  I will let those pieces dry overnight.
 
I started working on replacing the driver side door belt line weather strip.  That piece required removing the old staples and using the new belt line strip to mark new staple holes for drilling.

Since none of the holes on the new belt line strip didn't match, I installed staples and secured the vinyl, then I started the process of drilling the new holes in the door panel and installing new staples.  I now have the driver side belt line piece installed.  Next step is to replace the door panel clips with news then install the door panel.

The passenger side door belt line strip still needs replacement, I will do that tomorrow.