Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2019

3 May 2019 - Weather stripping - driver side door area - passenger side door area

All weather stripping/seals have arrived.  Next time I'll start off with ordering before I start working.

The driver side vent window assembly is together and installed on the frame.

Managed to install a few pieces of weather stripping today.  Driver side, I forgot to install a very small piece of weather stripping on the outside edge of the vent window.  So I did that today and now that needs to cure overnight.  On the driver side door, I replaced the door side of the belt line piece.  The door panel piece still needs to be installed.  

Replaced the door bumpers(4) for both doors.

Passenger side, I replaced the quarter window vertical piece and the quarter window rubber piece.

I layed out the long pieces of weatherstripping for the door perimenter up and lowers.

I attempted to replace the upper door perimeter seal on the passenger side and ran into a problem with loosening/removing the screw that holds the piece in place.  So I am soaking the piece in oil overnight, hopefully it will be easier to remove tomorrow.

On the passenger side rear quarter panel I started replacing the small weather strip.  It is stapled to the panel.  I was able to remove the piece but damaged on spot where staples will need to be installed.

Passenger side I replaced the door side belt line piece.  I then attemped to roll the window up(much more resistance now that there is a seal in place) and the lift mechanism failed.  The inner crank seperated internally, so now that window does not operate up/down at all.  I ordered a replacment.

Driver side door and passenger side door;  there were several rust spots, so I painted the areas with chassis saver.

So in the mean time I am waiting for a seal to cure, oil to soak some fasteners and to come up with a way to re-install staples into 50+ year old interior quarter panels...but overall a good day!

Checked on the screws that hold the upper door weather stripping in...had to use an impact driver to loosen the fasteners.  So now those screws are out.  Tomorrow I will remove the rubber pieces and install replacements.