Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2019

1 Sept 2019 - Dash area electronics

Had a chance to change out the ignition switch today.  The one I removed had a loose connection to the wiring loom connector.  The replacement fits better.  I'll test it tomorrow.

While the instrument panel was out, I replaced the stock light diffusers with red diffusers.  I didn't pay attention to how many were required when I was purchasing replacements, so I have to order another kit to completely replace the diffusers.

I also replaced the instrument voltage requlator with a solid state unit.

I replaced the K7 turn signal relay with a solid state unit.

So tomorrow I will install the battery and test these latest changes.  I am hoping that the intermittent shutdowns will now be resolved since the ignition switch has been replaced.