Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2019

14 Sept 2019 - Ignition system - intermittent shutdown

I removed the resistor wire from the ignition switch connector tucked it out of the way and capped off the other end in the engine bay.  So I then ran a 14 gauge wire from the msd keyswitch wire connection to the ignition switch connector.  I had to remove the female terminal from the connector, desolder the two wires(one was the resistor wire), then resolder the red wire with yellow stripe and the new replacement red wire from the msd keyed ignition switch connector.  So I have yet to test the setup now, will do that tomorrow.

The arrow is pointing at the terminal that I removed from the socket.  I then carefully desoldered the pink resistor wire and completely removed it from the ignition coil circuit/harness.  I installed a 14 gauge red wire and soldered that to the terminal and ran the wire through the wiring harness and firewal and connected it to the MSD 6 coil wire.