Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2016

26 May 2016 - Received replacement Idler Arm assembly

Today I received the idler arm assembly from West Coast Classic Cougars.  Won't be able to install that just yet.

Yesterday I ordered a valvtrain organizer tray from Jegs.  I thought I might try to be a bit more organized while working on the engine/transmission.  The part should be here on the 27 May 2016.

Continued with dissassembly of the engine.  Loosened all of the rockers and studs.  Removed the intake manifold bolts and bagged and tagged them.  Tomorrow I will start with the removal of the valvetrain hardware and if I have time, remove the cylinder heads. 

Also cleaned up the transmission crossmember and bolts/nuts.

Here is the idler arm assembly.  I will install this before I install the engine and transmission.