Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

15 November 2016 - Brake System

The brake parts arrrived today from WCCC.

I ordered a complete OE steel brake line kit, which is all hard lines for front and rear brakes.  I also ordered brake line mounting hardware, a distribution block seal kit, and a tool to prevent the piston/valve in the distribution block from moving while bleeding the front and rear brake systems.

I installed the replacement seals on to the piston/valve for the distribution block and then installed the piston.  Everything went together like it should, I set aside the distribution block until I can remove and install the front and rear brake hard lines.

I installed the passenger side wheel well front steel line.  I did not have to remove the wheel/tire to put in the line.  I noticed during installation that the steel line shape was off in several places and had to be adjusted to fit like the original.

I noticed that all of the new steel lines terminate much lower than the original lines at the distribution block.

I attempted to install the driver side front wheel well steel line.  I ran into a problem with space/clearance due to the wheel/tire.  I did not have time to jack the car up to remove the wheel today.