Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2016

6 November 2016 - Brake system

While working on the rear brake system I noticed the rear brake flex hose needed replacement.  I bought a replacement hose BH36603 BrakeBest brand.  I didn't realize how dirty and oil covered the hose and mounting locations had become over the years.  I bought a couple cans of brake cleaner and that cleanup the rear flex hose connections and mounting point.

Currently all connections of the rear flex hose are soaking with PBlaster.  I was able to loosen one connection(the passenger side hard line to the wheel cylinder) but the other two are not moving.  I will try again later today.  I my end up just replacing all of the hard lines in the rear brake system back to the distribution block.

Well, I kinda messed/damaged/fubar the fitting of the brake hardline for the rear axle driver side, and the fitting of the hard line that runs from the rear axle to the distribution block up front.  Tomorrow I will look into replacement parts.