Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2016

18 December 2016 - Engine/Transmission

 17 December, 2016

  Continued with getting ready for mounting transmission to engine.

I have the transmission cradle setup and ready.

Also bought three plugs to plug the transmission dipstick port, speedometer port and a third one that I can't remember what it was for...

The transmission rear mount did not come with lock washers/nuts, so I had to track those down.

The transmission crossmember that mounts to the body of the car, somewhere along the line, I lost track of the nuts and washers, so I had to find replacements.


Filled the torque converter with a quart or so of fluid.  Pretty much have things ready.



18 December, 2016

Today started with re-organizing the garage so that I can install the engine into the car.

Put the engine on the engine hoist so that I could install the insulator brackets to the engine.





On the passenger side of the engine, the headers make contact with the engine to transmission spacer.  The headers already had a spot that was massaged so the spacer would not make contact.  I got out the dremel and ground off just a little bit of material from the spacer and that took care of that problem. 





The engine/transmission has been installed into the car, and the motor mounts, transmission mounts/crossmembers have been torqued.