Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2017

9 January 2016 - General

While I am waiting for the three cluster gauge to arrive, I removed the mechanical water temp sensor and re-installed it.  I used RTV blue sealer on the threads of the brass manifold adapter and the fitting on the sensor.  I'll put coolant back into the system on the 11th.  If it doesnt leak, I will move on with getting the engine started and break in the engine/transmission.  If it does leak I'll replace the old gauge set with the new one.

Also if the tranmission lines/fittings leak I will see about getting a flex line kit with AN fittings to replace the factory hard lines that run from the transmission to the radiator cooler.

I picked up a remote starter switch to allow for starting/cranking the engine while in the engine bay area.