Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

13 September 2017 - Neutral Safety Switch - Engine shutdown issues

 This morning I drove The Merc to work and did not have any issues during startup or during run time.  However, at the end of the day when it was time to leave work I started the car but it would not start.  I moved the shifter from park to reverse then back to park, then the car started.  And it ran fine the whole way home.  But I will just go ahead and replace it when the parts arrive.
 
I received the neutral safety switch today and after a couple of hours had it installed.

I adjusted it per the service manual and made sure the wiring is out of the way of the shifter linkage and other areas.

I did not have time to test the repairs today, but I will do that tomorrow.

The neutral safety switch I removed had the ford logo on it and a couple of numbers on it.  So this may be original.