Search This Blog

Friday, September 8, 2017

8 Sept 2017 - Engine shutdown issue

Today while driving home from work the car completely shutdown.  The car was about 45mph no acceleration or braking just steady speed and it quit.  I had to coast to a stop by the side of the road.  The car immediately started up and ran just fine the rest of the trip home.

Currently the battery is disconnected, and I am waiting for the engine and areas to cool off so I can take a look under the hood and where ever else I can.

Once the engine/transmission/exhaust cooled...

I checked for loose wiring or anything like that, at the ignition switch socket. It all looks very good.  Wires are not loose, damaged or freyed.

I then checked the wiring at the firewall on the engine side and the wiring and connector looks good, no damage to the wires.