Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

6 Sept 2017 - Engine completely shutsdown randomly

Today, I decided to drive down to the gas station and put some gas in the tank.  The drive to the station was uneventful.  However the trip back, the car completely shut down as if the key switch was turned off, but then the car just a millisecond later turned back on and continued to run.  It did this type of behavior two more times and then everything was okay.

But when I turned on to a side road the car shutdown, but the interior instrument lights were still working, the shifter light was still working, but the engine just shut down.  I put the car in neutral and the car started immediately and then I was able to drive the rest of the way home.

After letting the car cool down, I started checking out the wiring near the accelerator pedal.  The only wires near the pedal are the ones leading from the transmission.  The wires pass behind the pedal assembly in the engine bay.