Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2018

21 January 2018 - Edelbrock 1405

Yesterday I re-assembled the carb after installing components from a rebuild kit.  I also replaced the idle mixture screws, the accelerator pump assembly, metering rods, primary and secondary jets, floats and seats...

Basically I replaced all components that can be replaced with the stock components for a 1405 carb.

I installed the carb, made initial idle mixture screw settings and idle speed settings and it fired right up.  It did stumble abit, I did not have the manual choke setup/installed.  Had to wait until the engine warmed up a bit to get the idle to an acceptable level.

After warmup I noticed an off idle surge.  So, its lean or vacuume leaks or both.  The carb is old so it could be the throttle shafters.

Also I may not have the float levels correct.  I will make adjustments and re-test the carb.