Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2018

19 August 2018 - passenger side grille - headlight grille mod

I continued with putting together the grille by installing the headlamps into the headlamp cups/holders and installing those assemblies into the grille assembly.  I installed new vertical and horizontal adjustment fasteners and plastic inserts for headlight door.  While I was adjusting the vertical/horizontal screws, the high beam horizontal adjuster failed.  The plastic insert seperated so I had to remove it and install another new one.  Also I forgot to mention that the vertical/horizontal adjusters are mounted to the grille with two screws each.  One of the high beam horizontal mounting points, had a stripped thread.  I happen to have a couple of 8-32 screws and nuts with nylon inserts.  I used that hardware to install the horizontal adjuster.  Didnt get pix but I will next time when I install the grille assembly.