Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2018

4 August 2018 - Headlight Grille Mod

I worked on the driver side radiator grille today.  I removed the headlight door from the radiator grille.  I will be using two spare door hinges for this mod.

On the driver side,  I installed the headlight door ornament grille to the door hinge.  I noticed that because the of this type of mod, the headlight ornament grille will be directly mounted to the headlight hinge.  To make sure the proper distances and aligment of the grilles remains, I had to install some additional hardware.

This is a typical headlight door from a 67 cougar.  The arrows point to the headlight door and the "gap".  That gap must be maintained when installing the headlight ornament grille to the headlight door hinge.


This is a modified assembly.  The headlight door ornament grille is mounted directly to the headlight door hinge.  To maintain the gap that would normally be there, I installed three nuts that are the approximate thickness of the headlight door.  By doing this, this assembly will line up with the rest of the radiator grille.  This is a temp fix to deal with the gap.  Long term fix is an aluminum piece that will fit in that area.