Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

19 Sept 2018 - ignition issues / sudden shutdowns

Today while testing the driveability, due to disconnecting the vacuum advance, the car just completely shutdown as if a button was pushed.   It did that twice during the testing.  So I prematurely ended testing to make sure I could get back to the shop and check into what is happening.

Two things to troubleshoot now; 1) the ignition misses 2) sudden engine shutdowns.

Since the engine seemed to run very well without the MSD vacuum canister connected, I will for the short term keep it disconnected while I work on problem two.

I disconnected the battery today and parked the car such that I can get better access to the ignition switch and dash areas.  Tomorrow I will be removing the dash panels and pieces/parts.