Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

30 Sept 2018 - sudden shutdown issue - cont'd

So I just finished removing the instrument panels/dash assemblies to get to the ignition switch and under dash wiring.  I removed the ignition switch and did continuity checks per the service manual and the switch checks out.  Also took a closer look at the ignition switch "pigtail" connector.  Each connection to the ignition switch is tight and secure.  So I went into the engine bay and started at the starter motor relay.  The "S" terminal and "I" terminal connectors were loose but still making contact.  So I went head and cleaned the connectors and "adjusted" them so they would very snug to the terminals.  Took the car for a test drive and did not have issues during this session, so I still need to keep driving and waiting.