Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

13 August 2016 - cowl vent / air inlet grill area

I started cleaning the firewall area up by the cowl vent / air inlet grill area.  I painted the area red and was considering doing a second coat but changed my mind since it turned out ok.  Well after peeling the tape off of the masked areas, paint pulled up with the tape.




 So I thought I would just clean/prep those areas that peeled up.  That didn't work out so well.  The paint in the cowl vent/air inlet area literally flaked off the panel.  So I cleaned up the panel except for the the grill work.



The wiper arms needed to be removed....didn't know how to do that safely...so I looked it up online and turns out there was a pretty simple procedure for that.



I will clean up these areas and re-paint