Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

2 August 2016 - corrosion control

Started cleaning up the motor mounts, sway bar and, steering column shaft.  I used Evapo-Rust and it works very well.  I soaked one of the motor mounts overnight and it is ready to be washed/prepped for painting today.

The sway bay was wiped down with the evapo-rust and it did a good job of rust removal in place.  I am considering completely removing it and then cleaning with the evapo-rust.

Picked up a gallon of the Evapo-Rust.  I put the motor mounts in  a container with the chemicals to sit overnight.   Checked on the motor mounts and they are almost rust free.  I will let the parts sit until tomorrow morning and then remove and clean for painting.

Need to paint motor mounts and hardware and the brake booster, weather permitting.