Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2016

20 August 2016 - engine bay

Continued with cleanup of the engine bay area.  I removed the top shock absorber mounts and hardware to cleanup, paint and re-install.  Currently the bolts, nuts and mounts are soaking in Evapo-Rust.  Tomorrow the parts should be rust free and ready to paint - weather permitting.  I need to clean up the tops of the shock towers to get ready for painting.

I noticed that the top area of the firewall, just below the cowl vent inlet grill, that I did not paint enough coats of the primer sealer - I can see bare metal in some areas.
Red arrows indicate where I see bare metal thru the primer sealer.  Looks like I will need to sand those areas and put down primer sealer again.

Here you can see the shiny bare metal, because I didn't spray the primer sealer well enough - I will have to sand that down to bare metal in those areas and re-apply the primer sealer again...





The top of the shock towers need to be cleaned up and prepped for painting

Not really sure how to clean up those mounting holes...