Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2016

21 August 2016 - engine bay - cleanup/prep work

I painted the two shock tower mounts and the tops of the shock towers.  The paint on the shock towers is very temporary.  I sprayed a rust converter on the shock tower tops just to get that rust squared away for now.

The mounting hardware for the shock tower mounts has been cleaned up and is ready to use.  I did not paint the fasteners.  After they are installed I will paint that hardware.

shock tower mounting hardware - cleaned up after soaking in evapo rust.  I will installed this hardware then paint it.
shock towers with shock mounts removed
passenger side shock tower



driver side shock tower




I used a flat black rust converter and sprayed this area to deal with the potential rust issues.
shock tower mounts painted - takes several days to cure...

here are the engine mounts and shock mounts