Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

3 August 2016 - Corrosion Control

Continued with corrosion control of the motor mounts.  I put the motor mounts in evapo-rust to soak for a couple of days.  Today I removed the hardware and it is rust free.  I did find out that the motor mounts, after about 5 minutes suffered from flash rust.  So I had to put them back in to soak and clean that rust.  I have found that using the Evapo-Rust to remove the rust works very well and that after removing the hardware, it needs to be washed and treated with baking soda to neutralize the rust formation.  I also found out that Krudd Kutter rust remover & inhibitor works as well as Evapo-rust and it also protects the metal, which evapo-rust doesn't seem to do.

Today the brake booster mounting plate and seal arrived.  I was unable to do any painting today due to the weather.  I will try again tomorrow.



 
Left and Right motor mounts and hardware soaking in Evapo-Rust for two days.


Heres what the Right motor mount and hardware look like after being soaked in Evapo-Rust