Search This Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2017

10 August 2017 - heater box assembly

Worked on assembling the heater box today.  I previously installed all of the rubber seals and metal hardware.  Today I carefully put the heater box together but found that the seals prevented easy assembly.  Since this time around I have end seals installed on the heater core, it was a lot harder to get the halved together.  I ended up having to trim those two seals in various places in order for the assembly to fit.  After that I installed the blower motor.  I ended up scuffing/scratching the paint on the blower motor so I did a little paint touch up.

So now the heater box is together and what is left is the heater hoses and heater plenum.  Then I can install that assembly into the car.

Where the two halves of the heater box assembly join, I will be putting black weather stripping RTV.  That should help with sealing the box.