Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

5 August 2017 - Heater box / front valance panel

Today I continued with painting the heater box metal hardware with Eastwood's rust encapsulator.  Now all of the hardware has two coats.  Once the paint cures I will start installing the seal kit on the various metal hardware pieces.

I also cleaned up the front valance panel on the underside/inside.  There are small rust areas on this panel.  So I put a couple of coats of the rust encapsulator on the panel.

Tomorrow I will take a look at installing the front fenders.

I read somewhere that once you remove the front fender splash guards that the fenders have to go on first then the splashguards can be installed.  I of course installed the splash guards first.  So I will see if that works, if not, they come off and then the fenders go on then the splash guards go in...



I have the fender bolts ready for fender installation

Here is the diverter flap for the heater box

Here is the heater box, I already removed the old resistor block.  This is the replacement resistor block with the installation hardware.

Better pic of the resistor block and installation hardware