Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2017

13 August 2017 - Heater box

Continued with working on the heater box.  I misplaced the heater hose clamps.  Now that I have them I have installed the heater hoses.  I also used the black weatherstripping RTV sealer to seal gaps of the heater plenum.  I have all of the hardware now to install the heater box.  First I need to re-install the carpeting and make sure that is good, padding and such.

Right now its 98 degrees in the garage.  So I turned on the portable A/C unit and once that gets the temps down I will continue with work on The Merc.

I forgot about a support bracket that connects the passenger side front fender to the front bumper frame mount.

I cleaned it up a bit and put it in the Evapo-Rust bucket to soak for the night.  Hopefully in the morning it will be rust free to prep for painting.