Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2018

13 October 2018 - wiring harness extension - ignition coil/temperature sensor/oil pressure sensor

I have been looking at cleaning up/moving engine bay wiring.  I have made a couple of changes to some of the wiring in the engine bay.  I re-routed the MSD distributor trigger wires and the MSD ignition coil wires.  I also did a temporary wiring extension to the wiring of the temp sensor, oil pressure sensor and ignition start to coil wire, just to see if I could move those wires away from the engine and high heat areas.

Here is a pic of just the rerouting of the MSD distributor trigger wires and MSD ignition coil wires

I used a push on style connector for this oil pressure sensor and it works very well.  This is only temporary as I gather the parts to properly extend the this wire that is a part of the igntion wiring harness.

These wires were also temporarily extended.  I used the same type of push on connector but I used a #8 threaded piece to connect the stock push on connector to the blue push on connector.  The blade style connectors were used on the igntion coil power wire.

Here is a pic of the temporary wiring harness extensions



Here are the components I will be using to properly exend the wiring harness.  The heat shrink is a special type that has adhesive.  The tape is TESA tape and is specifically for wrapping automotive wiring.