Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2018

19 October 2018 - fuel system updates/upgrades

The other day I received the -6an male to -6an female adapter fitting and the fuel pressure gauge.  Today I installed those parts.  The adapter leaked no matter how I positioned it.  I tightened it as much as I could(really have to be carefull with an fittings too easy to overtighten them).  I tried other -an6 fittings/hoses and that adapter always leaked.  It leaks at the female swivel fitting.  So I contacted Jegs explained the issues and they promptly processed an order to send me a replacement, but not from the same vendor.


Red arrows indicate where leak is at....basically all around that collar


For the short amount of time that the fuel pressure gauge was installed it indicated 4-5 psi but the needle was constantly bouncing.  I thought that it should be a steady reading on that gauge.


I did some research into that leak.  Turns out the o-ring could be damaged.  But that o-ring is not exactly user serviceable.  And its kinda hard to damage that o-ring in the first place.  So even tho a replacement is on the way I will see if I can repair that item.