Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2018

14 October 2018 - wiring harness extension and stuff

I discovered that the wiring harness that I ordered from WCCC, two of the three wires are 12" longer than the harness I am replacing.  After installing the harness and routing it where I want it to be, it is the right length so that I do not have to cut/modify any wiring.  So I put convoluted tubing on the wiring harness and wrapped that with TESA tape.  I have never used that type of tape before, so hopefully I wrapped the wiring correctly.


Here is a before shot - This is proposed layout using temporary wiring harness extensions



Here is an after shot - This is the current layout after having installed the replacement wiring harness and with convoluted tubing installed and wrapped with TESA tape.