Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2018

22 December 2018 - 14" wheels

I ordered a set of four, 14" steel wheels that are supposed to be the exact size of what is installed on my car.  The Ford shop manual indicates that 14x5 is factory.  I know the car has 14" wheels, I have had several sets of tires replaced over the years and 235/60R14 is the tire size.  I never thought to measure the width of the rims until recently when I began considering replacing the steel wheels, and I also wanted to have a full size spare.

I have not removed the wheels from the car to check the rim width measurement, but I did check the backspacing and other measurements for that size rim and they match the book.

This set of steel wheels were ordered from John's Classic Cougars.  These wheels, first look, seem to be in better shape then what is on my car.  I will  be cleaning these up over the winter.



 

Here are the steel wheels after cleaning up with a brush and dish soap