Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2018

29 December 2018 - Edelbrock 1405

I started the car and ran it for a few minutes to check for fuel leaks.  Found a leak pretty quickly.  At the fuel pressure regulator, the output port was leaking.  The -6an male to 3/8" npt male fitting was leaking at the 3/8" end.  It didn't matter how much it was tightened or how many times I removed it, to re-wrap it with teflon tape, it would leak within a 15 minutes or so.  I removed it and used another -6an to 3/8 npt fitting and it worked without issues.  I took a closer look at the -6an adapter fitting and cannot see why it leaks.

So after that, I let the engine run and warm up.  I plugged in a vacuume gauge and at idle there is 16" hg.  And its much more stable than with the Holley.  The idle is also much smoother than the Holley.  I really thought I had that Holley setup right.

I adjusted the idle mixture screws for best idle/vacuume and went for a drive.  Seems to be ok, but it started to rain, so I headed back to the garage.  First chance, I will do a proper shake down.

Throttle response is very quick/smooth with the 1405.