Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2018

9 December 2018 - fuel system changes

I have been considering changing to an Edelbrock 1405 carb.

Earlier in the year I bought a very used 1405 that needed extensive cleaning and replacement of all components.  After doing that, I still could not get the carb to work properly.  Later after that purchase I bought a brand new Holley 1850 and haven't even thought about changing carbs until recently.  About two weeks ago I had to replace the mechanical fuel pump.  I was having all sorts of driveability issues and that mechanical pump was the problem.  I replaced that mechanical pump with an 80 GPH mechanical pump.  This pump works just fine for the Holley 1850.  The fuel pressure is 6.5 PSI.  That is too high for an Edelbrock.

So I have been curious to know how well an Edelbrock 1405 would work for my engine.  So I have purchased a remanufactured 1405, adjustable non-return fuel pressure regulator, 3/8" fittings as needed for the fuel pressure regulator. I think I will also need a 2' SS braided -6an male to -6an male fuel line, dunno for sure yet, have to get all of these components installed to know.