Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2018

28 December 2018 - Edelbrock 1405 installation

I mounted the fuel pressure regulator on the driver side shock tower.  I mounted it so that I can access all of the fuel ports to make adjustements and such.  I decided to use the -6an fitting on one of the output ports of the fuel pressure regulator, the other output is blocked off.  By doing that, I can use a couple of lengths of -6an hoses and fuel filter to connect to the edelbrock carb.  The input port of the fuel pressure regulator uses a 3/8" npt to 3/8 fuel barb.  The output of the mechanical fuel pump uses a 1/4" npt to 3/8" fuel barb.  I used a 3/8" rubber fuel line from the mechanical fuel pump to the fuel pressure regulator.  The fuel pressure regulator has a 1/8" npt port for a fuel pressure gauge, and I installed a gauge in that port.

Right now, everything is installed/connected and ready for a pressure test/engine start.  Its raining today so I will hold off until tomorrow.



Top view, -6an hoses from carb to fuel pressure regulator.  I will have to wrap areas of the SS hoses so that other hoses and areas do not get damaged by the abrasiveness of the hose.



Edelbrock 8190 fuel pressure regulator installed.  Outlet port with a -6an male to 3/8" npt male fitting.  Inlet port has a 3/8" npt to 3/8" fuel barb.  Gauge port has a Fragola 0-15 psi gauge that I already spilled gas on the faceplate!


Heres a shot of the mechanical fuel pump to fuel pressure regulator.  At this time I am using a rubber hose.  I would like to replace that with hose with -6an fittings(doing research to find the right length hose)