Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2018

27 December 2018 - Edelbrock 1405 installation

Started the installation of the Edelbrock 1405.  I had to remove the Holley 1850 and the -6an fuel lines used on the holley and from the mechanical fuel pump.

I have the 1405 bolted in place, connected the pcv hose and distributor vacuum hose.  I am currently working on installing/using the -6an fuel lines.  I used a strong magnet to stick to the fuel pressure regulator mounting bracket so that I can check some ideas I have as to where to place the regulator.  I would like to use as many of the -6an fuel lines as possible.  I don't think I will be able to use one from the mechanical pump to the pressure regulator at this time.  The -6an hoses I have are too long or too short to make the connection from pump to regulator.  Short term plan is to use 3/8 fuel line from the pump to regulator.



Here are some of the parts that might be used for the Edelbrock 1405 installation
Here is the 1/4" npt to 3/8" fuel barb fitting.  I will be using this on the output of the mechanical fuel pump.

Started removing the fuel line from the Holley


bolted in!

Installed the distributor vacuume line, the pcv hose and the throttle linkage

had to use a different return spring mounting bracket.





have a couple -6an lines and fuel filter connected but just for reference purposes.  Trying to determine best layout of the fuel lines/fuel filter


This looks like the spot I will be mounting the fuel pressure regulator.  If it goes there, I need to be mindful of all connections and accessibility to the connections and fuel pressure gauge.