Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

10 April 2018 - Radio installation

Today I installed a dash speaker with two channels and a more modern radio.  The dash speaker fits in the same location as the original but it mounts to the upper dash area where the vent mounts are located.  The fasteners that hold the vents in place are removed, dash speaker installed then install the fasteners.

The radio is a DJS-520(very cheap).  But it has USB, SD, BT options as well as AM/FM.  Temporarily I mounted the unit in the glovebox area.  I had to remove the glovebox shell, and mounted the radio to the glovebox door using high strength velcro.  I made two L brackets put velcro on them, put velcro on the radio sides where the L brackets will be in contact, and also put velcro on the glovebox door.  Surprisingly, the velcro setup works well.  Radio tunes in local FM stations and there is no static or interference.  So I am looking into a more permanent setup.