Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2018

15 April 2018 - Radio Installation

Although on the 14th I installed the radio in a mostly permenant location, I wasn't quite satisified with the layout.

Today I decided to start working on a more permenant solution.

I cut a 12"x6" piece of aluminum and mounted it to the top of the glovebox opening.  There were already two mounting holes.  So I mounted the plate at those two points.  In the upper dash area behind the glovebox area there is a mounting point for the wire loom.  It just so happens to have two holes and one was unused.  In the unused spot I installed an L bracket that connects to the 12"x6" plate providing a very sturdy mount.

I had to cut a 1" deep by 1 9/16" section out of the plate so that the glovebox door could properly close and latch.

Now that I have that plate cut and installed I can work on a way to mount the radio to that plate.

Radio dimensions;

4" 3/4" deep by 7" wide.