Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2018

8 April 2018 - ignition issues

I picked up the two spark plugs today at the parts store.  I gapped them to .044 and installed.  I also removed and gapped the other six plugs to .044.

I noticed that the spark plug tips of all plugs was a white/grey color, which means the carb is set too lean.  So I adjusted the idle mixture a little bit more rich.  I'll monitor that over the next two days of driving and if need be, I'll go up on one size in jet size(stock for 0-1850S is 66).
 
I checked the MSD website for factory setup for an 8479 distributor.  The default advance springs are supposed to be two heavy silver springs and a blue advance bushing.  What I found was that two light blue advance springs were installed.  I removed them and installed two heavy silver springs.  I will see how the engine runs over the next couple of days