Search This Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2018

7 April 2018 - Holley Carb Choke cable installation

I thought I would install a choke cable and see if it actually works on this new carb.

I bought a universal choke cable kit and had to make some adjustments to the hardware for it to work for my application.  I installed the choke actuator in the ashtray.  I only had to drill two holes to mount the bracket for the choke cable assembly.  The ash tray cigarette lighter assembly was removed long ago, so the hole for the cigarette lighter was a good spot for the choke cable assembly.

I had to test fit the cable assembly a couple of times to get the proper routing and cable length.  But after all that, the installation looks pretty decent and the choke works!  The old carb has some issues with a choke assembly being used/setup so I gave up on using it years ago.